This book aims to derive an operating system for mobile Internet devices using Ubuntu as a base. UME extends Ubuntu by providing an infrastructure for mobile development, with all of the necessary components integrated into the Ubuntu package archive, ready to install and run, or to tailor for custom mobile applications. This book provides a detailed overview of this infrastructure and uses work recently undertaken by the authors for a Mobile Device Manufacturer to highlight key concepts and techniques.
Here you can find basic, step-by-step tutorials on developing basic C and Python applications, control panel applet, status bar plug-ins, and marquee plug-ins.
· Chapter 1: Mobile Linux.
· Chapter 2: The Development Environment.
· Chapter 3: Power Management.
· Chapter 4: Application Development.
· Chapter 5: Application Packaging.
· Chapter 6: Application Selection.
· Chapter 7: Theming.
· Chapter 8: Kernel Fine-Tuning.
· Chapter 9: Testing and Usabilit.
· Chapter 10: Tips and Tricks.
· Chapter 11: Putting It All Together.
· Chapter 12: Mobile Directions.
· Chapter 13: Common Problems and Possible Solutions.