The book teaches beginners who have not yet programmed with Transact-SQL--more commonly referred to as T-SQL. Some familiarity with relational databases and basic SQL is expected, and some programming experience is helpful. The target audience includes database developers as well as business and data analysts, and power users.
The book begins with an overview of SQL Server query operations and tools used with T-SQL. After a quick review of basic query language commands and syntax, the author quickly moves to show how to design and build applications of increasing complexity.
· Introducing T-SQL and Data Management Systems
· SQL Server Fundamentals
· SQL Server Tools
· Introducing the T-SQL Language
· Data Retrieval
· SQL Functions
· Aggregation and Grouping
· Multi-Table Queries
· Advanced Queries and Scripting
· Advanced Capabilities
· T-SQL Programming Objects
· Creating and Managing Database Objects
· Analyzing and Optimizing Query Performance
· T-SQL in Applications and Reporting