This book teaches AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT essentials to new users with concise explanations, focused examples, step-by-step instructions, and a hands-on tutorial project that runs throughout the book. The opening chapters of this fully revised book introduce readers to the AutoCAD interface, basic commands, and creating drawings. The middle chapters build upon the basics and introduce more advanced features and skills, such as grouping, elevations, hatches, and using text in drawings. The final chapters round out a beginner's skill set by introducing dimensioning, external references, layouts and printing, and using 3D.
· Getting to Know AutoCAD.
· Learning Basic Commands to Get Started.
· Setting Up a Drawing.
· Developing Drawing Strategies: Part 1.
· Developing Drawing Strategies: Part 2.
· Using Layers to Organize Your Drawing.
· Combining Objects into Blocks.
· Controlling Text in a Drawing.
· Using Dynamic Blocks and Tables.
· Generating Elevations.
· Working with Hatches, Gradients, and Tool Palettes.
· Dimensioning a Drawing.
· Managing External References.
· Using Layouts to Set Up a Print.
· Printing an AutoCAD Drawing.
· Creating 3D Geometry.
· Rendering and Materials.